Noodles Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a heads up! (V16 Update to 17~) + ADDITIONAL

Go down

Just a heads up! (V16 Update to 17~) + ADDITIONAL Empty Just a heads up! (V16 Update to 17~) + ADDITIONAL

Post  Xeno Sat May 07, 2011 8:43 am

Hey guys, I'm back in game, and playing as: XenoPhix. This is just a heads up to let you know, when you install the V16 full client, also REMEMBER to download the update V17 .rar file and extract it to the V16 client folder. IF YOU DO NOT, you will not have full capabilities. You will crash when trying to shop from modified NPCs, world will NOT be the same, modified files that arent exported to the client will not be shown in the game UNLESS if you download and extract the V17 update into the FULL v16 Client folder, then run the game and you're all set! I was a bit confused about this, because i only downloaded the V16 Full Client, thinking the .rar was only to extract to the original Flyff folder so it would update from Fly for noodles. It's not lol, i didnt read the text above it but this is JUST A HEADS UP. Do NOT forget to DOWNLOAD THE V17 UPDATE .RAR FILE!!!

[EDIT]

WOW Okay guys, a bunch of additional information just to make sure you understand everything.

[WinRAR]

So, if you dont know, WinRAR is an archive file extractor. It extracts files that are compressed within the archive. In order to EXTRACT this Update for V16 so you can have V17, it requires WinRAR or WinZIP, however i recommend WinRAR.

WinRAR 32-bit download link: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

WinRAR 64-bit download link: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/3000-2250_4-10965579.html

Im only going to post download links for my recommended extractor, which is obvious WinRAR.

After installation, you're default for opening compressed files will automatically be set for WinRAR. After that, download the Update, which is located on the main website, under downloads.

NOTE: You MUST have Flyff4noodles V16 client, which is also under downloads on the main page, installed. This update is not a modification for the original Flyff. In order to play fly for noodles, you MUST download and install the V16 Client.

Yes, the update is a RAR file, that should have been obvious by now, but just in case you had a "Well this isnt right..." expression on your face. Not all updates are installed by an installation wizard. This is manual extraction updating. ANYWAYS, after you are done downloading the V17 update, double click it and the WinRAR archive should pop up. Note: If there is a little window inside the WinRAR archive that says something about a trial, just exit out of the tiny window or select close, within the tiny window. This wont exit out of the archive, only the little window.

So now you see a bunch of files within the archive. Highlight/select them all, and hit the "extract to" button in the archive. After that, you are brought to a browsing explorer. Locate your Flyff4noodles folder, where ever you put it when you installed the V16 Flyff4noodles client, and click it, then hit the "OK" button. It should start extracting. If you receive an error, just try again. If you receive another error, just extract all the files to a new folder on your desktop, and bring up your Flyff4noodles folder and just move the files you extracted that are now in the new folder, into your Flyff4noodles folder, or select/highlight all of them and hit CTRL+C at the same time, and then click inside of your Flyff4noodles folder and hit CTRL+V at the same time. This is a fast and easier way to Copy and paste. If it asks to replace anything, hit yes.

If you are too lazy to go to the main site and select V17 Update Patch, then go to the following link that will take you directly to the download! http://www.mediafire.com/?mgpkgeeme6v5li3

[Why was the server down for soooo long?]

Well, i dont know the details and what not, but i do know that the owner was working on the V17 patch, which could have required some major modification with the server, thus he had to shut it down for management. HOWEVER, the Flyff4Noodles server is BACK UP! Happy gaming everyone, and be sure to eat your dang noodles 3: omnomnomnomnomnomnom OH OH OH, and YES, dont worry. No ones account SHOULD have got deleted, as my original account was still in the database (proven by registration) SO, that is it guys. Server is 100x better than last time Very Happy For all you noobies that like leveling up fast and A LOOOTTTT of penya, welcome to Fly For Noodles ;3
Xeno
Xeno
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum